Korean Jackfruit Bowls
- 2 (14-ounce) cans jackfruit, drained and shredded
- 1 (7-ounce) packet Saffron Road Korean Simmer Sauce (plus more for serving if desired)
- Sea salt to taste
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 (14-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Prepare the Jackfruit:
- Drain and rinse the cans of jackfruit. Use a fork to “pull”, removing and discarding any dark or hard pieces and the small bulbs that look similar to garlic.
- Heat a medium skillet to medium heat and add enough olive oil to generously coat the surface, about 1 to 2 tablespoons. Transfer the jackfruit to the hot skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until jackfruit is somewhat crispy. Add the Korean Stir Fry Simmer Sauce and bring the mixture to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat and simmer and cook 10 minutes, adding more sauce if necessary. Taste the mixture for flavor and add more sauce and/or sea salt to taste.
- Prepare the Bowls:
- Divide the rice among 3 to 4 bowls, followed by the green onion, shredded cabbage, and black beans. Divide the Korean jackfruit among the 4 bowls and drizzle with additional Korean Stir Fry Simmer Sauce if desired. Serve and enjoy!