Shrimp and Asparagus Coconut Curry Korma
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
- ½ large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and chopped into ½-inch cubes
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and chopped into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 7-ounce package Saffron Road Coconut Curry Simmer Sauce
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cups cooked brown rice for serving
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion, potato, and carrot. Sauté, stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water, cover, and cook 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the cover and add the chopped asparagus, Saffron Road's Coconut Curry Simmer Sauce, water, coconut milk, curry powder, and salt. Stir well to combine and bring to a gentle boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook 10 to 12 minutes, or until potato and asparagus are cooked through.
- Stir in the raw shrimp and continue cooking until shrimp is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Serve Korma with cooked brown rice and enjoy!