Chicken Tikka Masala Burrito
- 1 lb. chicken thighs, boneless & skinless
- 1 (7-ounce) packet Saffron Road Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce
- 1 cup basmati rice, washed and soaked
- 2 cups water
- 3 large tortilla
- 4 tablespoon oil
- Red onion to taste
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ½ bunch chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- ½ bunch chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
- Dice the chicken into ½ inch cubes and add to a hot pan along with 2 tbsp of oil.Cook until chicken is no longer pink but not fully cooked.
- Add the Simmer Sauce to the chicken. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir together the yogurt, chopped cilantro, mint, lemon juice, coriander, and salt and pepper to taste. Blend until well mixed.
- For the rice, add 2 tbsp of oil to a pot and the drained rice, add the salt and water, let it boil for 5 minutes then cover and let it simmer for 20 minutes on low.
- Char the tortillas over a gas flame or warm, if desired. To serve, place cooked rice into the edge of one burrito and top with the cooked chicken. Add some raita and some sliced red onions and roll. You can press it or eat as is. Serve with some more raita.
To see more of Fatimah of FalasteeniFoodie recipes just click here