Quick & Easy Pad Thai
- 1 (7-ounce) packet Saffron Road Pad Thai Simmer Sauce
- 1 16oz package of rice noodles
- 1 lb. (450g) chicken, shrimp, or tofu (or a mix)
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten (optional)
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts (optional)
- ¼ cup crushed peanuts (for garnish)
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Lime wedges, for serving
- 2 tablespoons oil (coconut or vegetable)
- Prepare the Noodles: Follow the package instructions to prepare the rice noodles. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
- Protein Preparation: If using chicken, cut into thin slices. If using shrimp, ensure they are peeled and deveined. If using tofu, press to remove excess water and cut into small cubes.
- Cook the Protein: In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon of oil (coconut or vegetable) over medium heat. Add the chicken, shrimp, or tofu and cook until fully cooked. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Sauté Shallot: In the same skillet, add another tablespoon of oil. Add the finely minced shallot and sauté until translucent and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Eggs (optional): Push the shallot to one side, and pour in the beaten eggs. Let sit for a few seconds and then scramble until just cooked.
- Add Noodles and Simmer Sauce: Introduce the cooked noodles to the skillet. Pour over the Saffron Road Pad Thai Simmer Sauce, and toss to ensure the noodles are well coated.
- Combine Everything: Reintroduce the cooked protein to the skillet. Add in half of the green onions and, if using, half of the bean sprouts. Mix well and then let it simmer until it starts to bubble.
- Serve: Plate the Pad Thai. Garnish with the remaining bean sprouts (if using), crushed peanuts, the rest of the green onions, and cilantro (optional). Accompany with lime wedges on the side.
Enjoy your delicious Pad Thai! This recipe is versatile, so you can always adjust ingredients to suit your personal preferences.