Whole Foods Market Approves Seven New Products - Boosting Saffron Road’s Portfolio to 30 Products! New Chickpea Salty Snacks & Frozen Savory Appetizers
With Saffron Road’s now proven national success with its 23 current products, Whole Foods Market announced that seven new Saffron Road items were approved for distribution and will be rolled out nationally in all 11 regions between July and August 2012, just in time for Ramadan. These new products will be both frozen and shelf stable – Saffron Road is really rocking the Kasbah in 2012!
American Halal Management decided that the time for chickpea has come – enter Saffron Road’s new chick pea snacks. Chickpea snacks are not only an excellent way to build on hummus’ amazing growth, but also appeal to natural food consumers because of their highly nutritious qualities such as high protein and low fat content. These new shelf stable chickpea snack product flavors are: Bombay Spice, Wasabi, Falafel, and Chipotle. Please Note the following characteristics of these salty snacks:
- 100% Organic Chickpeas
- Nutritious Snacking - 1 oz Serving contains 6 g protein, 4 g Dietary Fiber, 3 g Fat
- World Cuisine flavors will underline Universal Appeal
- Colorful packaging Pops off the shelf, secures Premium position. Reseal-able pouch.
- Breakage not a factor
- Shelf stable (i.e., non-refrigerated)
For the freezer section, Saffron Road will be rolling out premium phyllo pastry appetizers in time for Ramadan. These new epicurean hors d’oeuvres are: Vegetable Samosas, Saag Paneer Samosas, Roasted Fig & Goat Cheese Rolls, and Dates, Tamarind & Walnut Rolls. Please note the following characteristics of these gourmet appetizers that leverage the culinary excellence of Saffron Road’s brand positioning:
- Appetizers are especially important for Ramadan/Eid due to high user incidence; Ramadan = 30 snacking occasions
- New innovative flavor concepts not available in Whole Foods Market competitors: Date & Tamarind, Saag Paneer. These epicurean delights also have excellent appeal with our target demographic.
- Competitively priced against other Premium Appetizers
- Handmade, 100% natural, non-GMO (not yet certified)
Adnan Durrani, CEO, commented by saying “In 18 months, Saffron Road has had 7 whole new product categories approved for national auto-ship at Whole Foods Market - totally unprecedented in Whole Foods’ history. Our product portfolio is now at 30 items – with 10 items in the non-refrigerated shelf stable category. This positions American Halal extremely well in terms of Saffron Road brand extension throughout a number of aisles of the store.”
Jack Acree, EVP, commented by saying “This launch is the perfect example of our aggressive business model. While continuing to find gaps in the frozen category, we are also excited to be growing our brand presence throughout the entire store, especially in high volume categories. ”