Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Lemongrass Ginger Dressing
- Lemongrass Basil Dressing:
- ½ cup Saffron Road Lemongrass Basil Simmer Sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Sea salt to taste
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad:
- 1-½ pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed and shaved
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 large bosc pear, peeled cored, and chopped
- ⅓ cup pomegranate arils
- ⅓ cup raw pecans, chopped
- Add the ingredients for the dressing to a small blender and blend until well combined. Taste for flavor and add more vinegar, salt, and/or water to taste. Set aside until ready to use.
- Hold the brussels sprouts by the stem on a cutting board, and use a sharp knife to carefully chop (or shave) them into thin slices. Discard the hard stems and place shaved brussels sprouts in a serving bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients for the salad to the serving bowl and toss in desired amount of Lemongrass Basil Dressing. Season with salt and serve.