Roasted Sweet Potato Spinach Salad
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package Saffron Road Crunchy Bombay Spice Chickpeas
- Sage Vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 5 large sage leaves
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup or honey
- Pinch sea salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread the chopped sweet potato in a single layer over a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Use your hands to toss everything together until well coated. Bake 20 to 30 minutes, until sweet potatoes are golden-brown and cooked-through. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare the sage vinaigrette by adding all ingredients to a small blender and blending until completely smooth (Note: you can also whisk the ingredients together in a bowl).
- Add the spinach, dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, crunchy chickpeas, and cooled sweet potato to a serving bowl. Toss in desired amount of sage dressing and serve