Roasted Beet Spinach Salad with Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 large red beet, peeled and sliced into ¼-inch slices
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup feta cheese
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ⅓ cup Saffron Road Bombay Spice Roasted Chickpeas
- Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the chopped beet onto a long sheet of foil and fold it over, enclosing the beets in a foil packet. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 40 to 50 minutes, or until juices are seeping out and beet is soft. Set aside to cool.
- While beet is cooling, prepare the vinaigrette. Add all ingredients for the vinaigrette to a small blender or food processor. Blend until completely smooth. Taste for flavor and add more vinegar or salt as desired.
- Add the spinach, dried cranberries, feta cheese, pumpkin seeds, and chickpeas to a large serving bowl along with the cooled beets. Toss in desired amount of dressing and serve.