Coconut Curry Butternut Squash Soup
This is the perfect first course for your holiday table. Made with just 5 ingredients, this creamy soup will warm you down to your toes. Even better, it doesn't use up precious stovetop or oven space since it's made in the Instant Pot or slow cooker, and it makes enough to feed a crowd.
- 2 (32-ounce) packages cubed butternut squash
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (7-ounce) packets Saffron Road Coconut Curry Korma Sauce
- 1 (32-ounce) carton vegetable broth
- Combine butternut squash, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper in a 6-quart Instant Pot. Whisk together Coconut Curry Korma Sauce and broth. Pour over butternut squash mixture.
- Program the cooker to the Manual setting at High Pressure. Set the timer for 15 minutes. Use the Quick Release method after the soup is done. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup. (Or puree, in batches, in a blender).
- Divide the soup between serving bowls. Top with Crunchy Chickpeas, cilantro, and yogurt. Freeze any leftovers up to 3 months.
- To Make in a Slow Cooker:
- Follow instructions in step 1, placing ingredients in a 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low setting 6 hours or until squash is tender. Follow instructions in step 3.