Lentil Tikka Masala
- 2 tablespoons canola or olive oil
- ½ medium yellow onion
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 1 (9-ounce) packet Saffron Road Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce
- ¼ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 1 cup dry brown rice
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Lime wedges for serving
- Heat the oil over medium in a medium-sized pot. Add the onion and carrot, and sauté, stirring occasionally until onion is translucent, and carrot has softened, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the garlic and lentils and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of boiling water to the pot, reduce the heat, cover and simmer until the water has been absorbed, about 20 to 25 minutes. While the lentils are cooking, prepare the rice according to package instructions
- Add the Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce, coconut milk, and sea salt. Stir and continue to heat until mixture is hot. Taste lentils for flavor and add more salt to taste.
- Drizzle fresh lime juice to taste over the lentils and serve over brown rice with fresh cilantro.