Lemongrass Basil Shrimp Tacos
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (7-ounce) packet Saffron Road Lemongrass Basil Simmer Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into match sticks
- 8 to 10 corn tortillas
- Combine the shrimp and simmer sauce in a bowl and stir together until the shrimp is well-coated. Cover and refrigerate 15 minutes, to overnight.
- Transfer the shrimp to a non-stick skillet and heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring occasionally until shrimp is plump, pink, and cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes. Heat the oil to medium-high in a separate skillet. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion begins to brown, about 8 minutes. Add the bell pepper and continue cooking until softened, about another 5 to 8 minutes.
- Prepare tacos by layering desired amount of onions and peppers and shrimp on heated corn tortillas. Serve with fresh chopped cilantro and sour cream.