Lemongrass Basil Chicken Bowls
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 7-ounce packet Saffron Road Lemongrass Basil Simmer Sauce
- 4 cups cooked white or brown rice
- 1 14-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups baby arugula or spinach
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into match sticks
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup hummus
- Place chicken thighs in a zip lock bag along with the Lemongrass Basil Simmer Sauce. Seal the bag and refrigerate 1 to 12 hours.
- Place oven on high broil setting, move one of the oven racks to the second to the top rung, and place the chicken (including all of the simmer sauce) in a casserole dish.
- Broil for 6 minutes, flip chicken to the other side, and broil an additional 6 to 8 minutes, or until chicken thighs reach an internal temperature of 170 degrees F (Note: if using chicken breasts, cook to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F).
- Remove chicken from the oven and transfer to a cutting board. Chop into slices or chunks.
- Transfer the simmer sauce from the casserole dish to a cup to use for serving.
- Add hot cooked rice and garbanzo beans to bowls. Drizzle with reserved lemongrass simmer sauce.
- Add desired amount of sliced chicken, arugula, cherry tomatoes, red onion, bell pepper, and avocado to each bowl. Top each bowl with a dollop of hummus, and serve.