Grilled Chicken Tikka Masala
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (1.5 to 2 pounds)
- 1 (7-ounce) packet Saffron Road Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce, separated
- 6 ounces plain Greek yogurt*
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- Cooked Basmati Rice
*You can also use full-fat canned coconut milk
- Combine ⅓ cup of the Saffron Road Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce, Greek yogurt, and salt in a bowl. Stir well until completely combined. Transfer this mixture to a large sealable bag, along with the chicken breasts. Shift the chicken breasts around in the marinade to ensure everything is coated. Seal and refrigerate at least 1 hour, up to 12 hours.
- Prepare your grill by using a wire brush to scrape off any food particles, and spray with cooking spray. Heat the grill to medium (about 350 to 400 degrees F).
- Place the chicken breasts on the hot grill and sear on each side for 2 to 3 minutes, or until grill marks appear, keeping the grill covered. Continue cooking, covered and flipping every 1 to 2 minutes until clear juices seep out and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Transfer to a cutting board and allow chicken to rest 5 to 10 minutes.
- Use a sharp knife to slice chicken breasts into large chunks. Serve with cooked rice and remaining Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce. Note: if you enjoy your meals very saucy, use 2 packets of Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce for this recipe.