Chicken Tikka Masala with Turmeric Cauliflower Rice
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- ¼ teaspoon each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter or ghee*
- 1 (7-ounce) packet Saffron Road Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce
- 6 cups turmeric or plain cauliflower rice
- ⅓ cup cilantro leaves
- 1 large head of cauliflower (riced)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (or more, to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- Toss chicken with salt and pepper. Heat ghee in a skillet over medium-high heat and sear chicken for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Reduce heat to medium-low and add Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce . Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken has cooked through.
- Serve Chicken Tikka Masala over turmeric cauliflower rice and garnish with cilantro leaves.
- *TIP: To make clarified butter: In microwave safe bowl, melt butter on high heat for 1 minute. Let settle for 1 minute, so that solids settle to bottom. Skim any foam off the top. Pour or spoon out clarified butter. Discard white sediment.
- Turmeric Cauliflower Rice Instructions:
- Chop the head of cauliflower roughly. Add the cauliflower to a food processor (small batches work the best- don't fill the food processor more than ½ way full), and process until the cauliflower is broken up into pieces and resembles rice. In a skillet, heat up sesame oil. Add the riced cauliflower, and sauté until heated through. Add the sea salt and turmeric. Rice should be cooked until soft, but not mushy or browned.