Chicken Mushroom Tikka Masala
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or olive oil)
- ½ yellow onion, finely chopped
- 6 baby bella mushrooms, chopped into sixths
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (7-ounce) packet Saffron Road Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce
- ¼ cup light coconut milk or chicken broth ½ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Cooked rice for serving
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and sauté 2 minutes
- Add the chopped chicken and brown meat for 2 minutes
- Add the Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce and coconut milk and bring to a full boil. Reduce temperature to medium and allow the tikka masala to cook uncovered at a gentle boil for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, add the fresh basil. Serve with cooked rice or quinoa.