Saffron Road’s Outreach During Ramadan a Success Among American Consumers
Stamford, CT – September 13, 2011 – This Ramadan Saffron Road™ launched its online campaign to reach out to more Muslim consumers during the month of Ramadan, a time when Muslims often participate in large, elaborate meals to break their fasts. To promote their Halal-certified line, the brand provided digital coupon offers, co-hosted product giveaways with My Halal Kitchen blogger and Whole Foods Market to give consumers a chance to win Saffron Road products.
Saffron Road is pleased with the outcomes of the campaign and not surprised to have seen a huge outpouring of support from both Muslim and non-Muslim shoppers. “Not only did we have a huge surge in sales during Ramadan – a 300% increase, but we believe perhaps thousands of new halal consumers came into their local Whole Foods Market – some for the first time and many who have stated they are now loyal customers for life,” stated Adnan Durrani, CEO of Saffron Road.
Saffron Road’s social-media heavy campaign during Ramadan encompassed several initiatives such as:
- Nationwide price reduction of Saffron Road products with select retail partners. Saffron Road experienced an increase in sales overall of over 300% during the month of Ramadan.
- Charity donation in the name of Saffron Road and My Halal Kitchen, to charity partners: nonprofit Whole Planet Foundation and The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. Saffron Road committed to donating 50 cents for every new “like” its Facebook page received during Ramadan. The page’s fan base increased over 200% due to online buzz, as well as a series of Facebook ads.
- Partnership with popular Halal food blog, My Halal Kitchen, to provide Ramadan-related food tips and recipes to prepare for suhoor and iftar meals on the Saffron Road Facebook page engaging fans throughout the month.
- Worked with Whole Foods Market and My Halal Kitchen blog to host several online giveaways offering shoppers chances to win Saffron Road products and $100 Whole Foods Market gift cards.
- Reaching thousands of consumers with digital coupon offers on popular Muslim websites, Zabihah and elan.
All 15 of Saffron Road’s products are Halal Certified by the Islamic Food and Nutrition Council of America (IFANCA) and are the only premium, Halal Certified and All-Natural brand available in mass grocery markets nationwide.
“We’re extremely pleased with the results of our Ramadan campaign and plan to increase our activities for next year,” says Jack Acree, Executive Vice President of Saffron Road. “In addition to the dramatic increase of brand awareness among American Muslim consumers, we’re also very happy to give all Americans a better idea of the natural overlap of Halal values and those of natural foods consumers.”
Look for Saffron Road to continue offering more delicious Halal certified food choices that meet American Muslim consumers’ dietary preferences.