Sweet and Savory Trail Mix with Coconut Chips and Roasted Chickpeas
- 2 cups nuts and seeds of choice*
- 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups Dang Toasted Coconut Chips, such as Original flavor
- 1-1/2 cups Saffron Road Crunchy Chickpeas, such as Falafel flavor
- *Recommended nuts and seeds:
- ½ cup roasted unsalted walnuts
- ⅔ cup roasted unsalted cashews
- ½ cup roasted unsalted pecans
- ⅓ cup raw pumpkin seeds.
- Optional Add-ins or Substitutions:
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups dark chocolate chips or white chocolate chips**
- Dried apricots, cherries, or blueberries
- Almonds or peanuts
- Chocolate or yogurt-covered raisins
- ½ to 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon chipotle, cayenne, or chili powder
- **If hiking in a hot area, use coated chocolate candies, as chocolate chips will melt easily
- Add all ingredients to a large zip lock bag.
- Shake well to combine. Note: If adding spices, sea salt, and/or vanilla extract, be sure to shake well so that everything is coated.
- Enjoy while hiking, or as a post-workout snack!