Sweet and Salty Popcorn Balls
No tricks here! These 2-bite popcorn balls are the perfect treat for boys and ghouls big or small. They’re also a great base for mixing in your favorite flavors. Try adding dried cranberries or drizzling with dark chocolate.
- 8 cups popped popcorn (about ½ cup corn kernels)
- 1 cup Saffron Road sea salt-flavored crunchy chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 (8-oz.) package kosher marshmallows (such as Paskesz)
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- Combine popcorn and chickpeas in a large bowl.
- Melt butter and marshmallows in a medium saucepan over low heat until melted, stirring constantly. (Don’t be tempted to increase the temperature; doing so can brown the butter too much). Stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture over the popcorn and let it cool slightly. With greased hands, gently mix the melted marshmallows and popcorn. Shape mixture into 18 (2-inch) balls, and let cool. Store in an airtight container up to 3 days.