Potato Tikka Patties
- 1 pack Saffron Road Tikka masala simmer sauce
- 1 onion (chopped finely or grated)
- 2 tbsp rice flour or bread crumbs
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- juice of 1 lemon
- 6 medium potatoes boiled, peeled and mashed
- 2 eggs gently whisked with water 2 tbsp water
- Oil to pan fry the patties
- Allow mashed potatoes to cool completely and then add your tikka masala simmer sauce, onions, cilantro, rice flour or bread crumbs and juice of one lemon. Mix well together.
- Form small patties and place on a cookie tray (this mixture allows for approx 10-12 medium sized patties). Cover and place in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- When ready to cook, dip in the patties in the egg mixture and gently place on hot pan with oil. Cook on medium to high heat for approx 2-3 minutes on each side, or until done to preference. Remove and place on towel to absorb excess oil.
- Serve warm with choice of chutney or sauce, as a side, or even as an awesome veggie sandwich. Enjoy!