Coconut Curry Korma Seared Scallops with Cilantro-Lime Rice
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 pound scallops (see note)
- 1 (7-ounce) packet Saffron Road Coconut Curry Korma Sauce, divided
- Parsley-Cilantro Lime Brown Rice:
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked brown rice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, packed
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves, packed
- ¼ cup white onion, finely chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey or pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Note: You can use either fresh or frozen sea scallops. If using frozen, be sure to thaw the scallops all the way before cooking.
- Prepare the Scallops:
- Add raw scallops to a zip lock bag and add ¼ to ⅓ cup of Saffron Road Coconut Curry Korma Sauce. Seal the bag and carefully move the scallops around so that they’re fully covered in simmer sauce. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes (up to 2 hours).
- Heat canola or olive oil in a cast iron skillet to medium-high heat. Carefully place the scallops on the hot skillet, leaving room between scallops and cook 1-1/2 to 2 minutes. Carefully flip the scallops and cook another 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, until the scallops are golden-brown and cooked through.
- Heat the remaining Coconut Curry Korma Sauce in a small saucepan, stirring occasionally, until it comes to a gentle boil. Remove from heat. Serve the scallops with Cilantro-Lime Rice (see instructions below), steamed broccoli, and a drizzle of Coconut Curry Korma Sauce.
- Prepare the Rice:
- Cook the rice according to package instructions. While rice is cooking, add the olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, parsley, onion, garlic, honey, and sea salt to a small blender. Blend until completely smooth.
- Once rice has finished cooking, pour ⅓ cup of the cilantro-parsley mixture into the pot and stir well. Taste rice for flavor and add sea salt and/or additional cilantro-parsley sauce to taste.