Chipotle Chickpea Chicken
- 4 chicken breast (try to flatten the thicker edge so the chicken breast is leveled in thickness)
Marinate chicken in the following ingredients for at least 2 hours to overnight
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon ginger paste
- ¼ teaspoon garlic paste
- ¾ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon oil for frying
Ingredients for coating
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1½ cup Saffron Road Chipotle Crunchy Chickpeas
- Remove chicken from fridge approximately half an hour before cooking to allow the chill to subside.
- For the chickpeas, give it a quick wiz in a small food processor to the consistency of your choice. We prefer not so much of a floury texture and like a bit of a 'crunch'.
- Add the powdered Chipotle chickpeas in a bowl and in another bowl add your whole egg and beat with 1 teaspoon of milk.
- Gently take each chicken breast and coat both side with your egg mixture and then coat both sides with your powdered chickpeas. Set each piece of coated chicken breast in a plate.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan and pan fry your chicken breast on medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side.
- Serve with your choice of mango salsa, guacamole or pico de gallo.