Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Chickpea Skillet Cookie (Gluten-Free)
- 1 (14-ounce) can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup unsweetened creamy almond butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- ⅔ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- non-dairy vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup Saffron Road Sea Salt Crunchy Chickpeas
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly oil two 5-inch (or one 9-inch) cast iron skillets.
- Add all ingredients except the chocolate chips to a blender or food processor. Blend until completely smooth (note: you may need to stop the blender a few times to scrape the sides and continue blending).
- Divide the mixture between the two skillets. Place skillets on a baking sheet and bake 25 to 35 minutes, until the sides are golden-brown and center has reached desired level of doneness.
- Allow skillets to cool enough to handle. Serve skillet cookies with ice cream and crunchy chickpeas