Thai Red Curry Tofu and Bok Choy Stew
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 350g extra-firm tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 baby bok choy, split into leaves
- 1 medium orange or yellow pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 package (7oz) Saffron Road Thai Red Curry Simmer Sauce
- fresh basil leaves (garnish)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to directions on package.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large pan.
- Add onion and stir until slightly soft, 3-4 minutes.
- Add tofu cubes and cook until browned, about 5 minutes (adding more oil if needed).
- Add baby bok choy and pepper slices and cook about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Reduce heat and pour in simmer sauce. Stir gently and simmer until sauce just begins to bubble. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over rice. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.