Thai Mango Tofu Ramen
- 2 quarts low-sodium vegetable broth (see note)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 8-ounce package rice noodles or ramen noodles
- 1 head escarole, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 large radishes, sliced
- 8 ounces bean sprouts
- 1 cup fresh cilantro for serving
- Thai Mango Tofu:
- 1 (7-ounce) packet Saffron Road Thai Mango Simmer Sauce
- 1 (14-ounce) package extra firm tofu, chopped into cubes
- Sea salt to taste
- If you aren’t vegetarian, you can use any bone broth, chicken broth, or beef broth
- Prepare the curried tofu crumbles:
- Heat the Thai Mango simmer sauce over medium-high in a large skillet until it comes to a gentle boil. Add the tofu, curry powder and sea salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tofu has a good sear on it, about 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside until ready to use.
- Prepare the Ramen:
- Heat the broth, carrots, and green onion in a large pot to a full boil. Reduce the heat and add the rice noodles. Cook according to package instructions, about 4 to 6 minutes. Add the escarole and lime juice and stir.
- Remove soup from heat and transfer to large bowls for serving. Serve with desired amount of tofu, sliced radishes, bean sprouts, and cilantro.