Spicy Thai Mango Shrimp Sauté
- 1 pound cooked spaghetti or rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 red pepper, diced
- ½ cup yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup broccoli stems, thinly sliced
- 1 pound tiger shrimp, cleaned and butterflied
- 1 7-ounce bag Thai Mango Simmer Sauce by Saffron Road
- 1 cup roughly chopped peanuts
- 3-5 basil leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- ½ cup red chili paste or sauce (optional)
- Cook the noodles and set aside in a bowl with a neutral-flavored oil such as grape seed or sunflower.
- In a medium sauté pan, gently heat the oil. Add the red pepper, onion and garlic and also the salt and pepper. Cook until the onions become translucent.
- Add the carrots and broccoli and cook until they are softened. Add the shrimp and cook until they turn pink on both sides, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the Saffron Road Thai Mango Simmer Sauce. Stir it in until it's thoroughly blended and heated up well. Add about ⅓ cup of the peanuts and the basil leaves. Add crushed red pepper flakes if desired.
- Remove from heat and serve with peanuts and chili flakes or chili sauce on the side.