Red Curry Meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef (20% fat)*
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup breadcrumbs**
- ¼ cup white onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons Saffron Road Thai Red Curry Simmer Sauce + more for serving
- Combine all of the ingredients for the meatballs in a mixing bowl and use your hands to combine everything together. Form meatballs 1 to 1-1/2 inches in diameter and place them on a plate.
- Add enough cooking oil to a large skillet to generously coat the surface. Heat to medium-high. Once oil is hot, carefully place the meatballs on the skillet, giving them a generous amount of space to ensure they cook evenly. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, carefully flip and continue cooking another 2 to 3 minutes. Continue cooking and flipping the meatballs until they are cooked through, or have reached desired doneness. Transfer cooked meatballs to a plate and repeat for remaining raw meatballs.
- Serve meatballs with the remaining Thai Red Curry sauce alongside cooked lentils, rice, or chickpeas.