Mashed Red Curry Chickpea Sandwiches
- 1 (14-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup Saffron Road Red Curry Simmer Sauce + more for serving
- Pinch sea salt, to taste
- 1 handful baby spinach or mixed greens
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large vine ripened tomato, sliced
- 1 large avocado, peeled and sliced
- 4 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- Add the chickpeas, Red Curry Simmer Sauce, and sea salt to a mixing bowl. Mash and stir with a fork until chickpeas reach desired consistency and mixture is well-combined – it should be thick and pasty. Taste the mashed chickpeas for flavor and add more sea salt and/or red curry simmer sauce if desired.
- Toast 4 slices of bread, and layer the baby spinach, red onion. sliced tomato, avocado, and red curry mashed chickpeas on top of two of the slices of toasted bread. Top sandwiches with the remaining two slices of toasted bread, and cut sandwiches in half.
- Serve sandwiches with your favorite flavor of Saffron Road Lentil Chips.