Korean Sweet Potato, Kale, and Black Bean Breakfast Bowls
- 3 tablespoon grapeseed oil or olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, chopped into ¼”-½” pieces
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 2 to 3 large kale leaves, chopped
- 6 large eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup canned black beans black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (7-ounce) packet Saffron Road Korean Stir Fry Simmer Sauce
- Grated cheese of choice, optional
- Heat the oil over medium heat and add the chopped sweet potato, onion, and sea salt. Cover and cook until vegetables are beginning to soften, about 5 to 8 minutes. Remove the cover and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until potato is crispy on the outside and cooked through, about 10-12 minutes more.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat the black beans and Saffron Road Korean Stir Fry sauce in two separate small pots until hot.
- Add the chopped kale to the skillet with the potato, cover, and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Taste the potatoes for flavor and season with sea salt. Note: you can also add spices like chili powder, cumin, and/or garlic powder if desired.
- A few minutes before the potatoes are finished cooking, prepare the eggs as desired. You can make sunny side up eggs, fried eggs, or scrambled eggs.
- Load up 2 to 3 bowls with desired amount of black beans, veggies, and eggs. Drizzle with Saffron Road Korean Stir Fry Simmer Sauce, and top with any additional desired toppings, such as grated cheese, and/or avocado.