Korean Jackfruit Sandwiches
- 2 (14-ounce) cans jackfruit, drained
- 1 (7-ounce packet) Saffron Road Korean Stir Fry Simmer Sauce
- 2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 hamburger buns (or sandwich rolls or sliced bread)
- 4 to 8 pineapple rings
- Use your hands or a fork to “pull” the jackfruit into shreds, so that it looks like pulled pork. Note: you can remove the rounded bulb parts of the jackfruit if desired.
- Place pulled jackfruit in a saucepan along with the Korean Stir Fry sauce. Heat over medium until the mixture is heated through.
- Add the sliced cabbage, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, and sea salt to a mixing bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Toast the buns and add 1 or 2 pineapple rings to the bottom slices of each bun. Scoop desired amount of Korean jackfruit on top, and top with desired amount of cabbage slaw. Serve and enjoy.