Saffron Road to Bhutan
Deluxe tour, maximum of 10 riders.
Small or large private group tours available upon request.
TOUR AT A GLANCE
* Note - an eight day extension in to Sikkim (West Bengal, India) is available for all Bhutan tours (total 20 days), finishing in Darjeeling.
26 October – 6 November 2010 - No availability
14 March – 25 March 2011 (Bhutan)
14 March - 2 April 2011 (Bhutan and Sikkim/West Bengal)
24 Oct – 4 Nov 2011 (Bhutan)
24 Oct – 12 Nov 2011 (Bhutan and Sikkim/West Bengal)
Duration: 12 days (20 days with Sikkim extension)
Ride Days: 8 days (with Sikkim extension, 17 days)
Participants: maximum 10 riders
Accommodation: Good mid-range and better
Motorbike: Royal Enfield 'Bullet' 500cc
Level of Difficulty: Experienced touring
Max. Altitude Reached: 3,810m / 12,573ft
Max Sleeping Altitude: 2,800m / 9,186ft
Average Daily Distance: 140 kms / 87 miles
Total Distance: Approx 1,270 kms / 790 miles
Fitness Level: Moderate+
- Experience Bhutan's 'Gross National Happiness'
- Ancient Buddhist Monasteries
- The pristine Haa Valley only opened to Western tourists in 2002
- Bumthang Valley ~ the “Switzerland of Bhutan”
- Dense mountain forests
- Tranquil, unpolluted environment
- Breathtaking Himalaya mountain views and lush valleys
- Isolated villages with centuries-old customs
- Remote and unique
- Optional eight day extension to Sikkim and West Bengal (India)
Sikkim~ an erstwhile Himalayan kingdom (now a State of India), is richly endowed with a prominently Buddhist culture dating back to the 7th century. It's unique location in the Himalayas and elevation ranging from 600 meters to over 8000 meters spread over an area of 7000 sq. km. offers diverse flora and fauna ranging from sub-tropical to the alpine. Mt Khangchendzonga (8,345 meters / 27,379 feet), the third highest mountain in the world and the guardian deity of Sikkim looms majestically throughout the trip.
TOUR PRICEDeluxe tour, maximum 10 riders.
Bhutan, 12 Day Tour
Rider: US $7,375
Pillion: US $6,775
Excludes international airfare.
Bhutan and Sikkim/ West Bengal, 20 Day Tour
Rider: US $TBA
Pillion: US $TBA
A deposit of US$500 per person is required to reserve your tour. A detailed itinerary is provided upon request.
Contact us to secure your spot on this wonderful tour.
Click the album below for more tour photos from Bhutan.